Tuesday, July 5, 2005

CFUNITED

Christ almighty. I need a week to recover from that!

The conference was great - tons of excellent sessions during the day, and plenty of hard drinking at night. I think I averaged 4 hours of sleep each night.

I met a bunch of great people though, some really old-skool CF'ers. Everyone was so nice and approachable. Of course, the open bar on Wednesday and Thursday might have helped in that regard. ;-)

Another thing I noticed was that there were a LOT more women at this conference. The last CF conference I went to was five years ago, and there were maybe half a dozen women at that one. Probably 10-15% of this conference was women, which I was rather impressed with. I don't know if it means that there are more female CF programmers than there used to be, or if they are just coming out of the woodwork now. Heh.

Anyway, I'll yap more about this later. I need to digest all the information, and catch up on sleep!

No comments: