Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Foodie Hiatus


I've been taking a bit of a hiatus during these hectic months. Between getting engaged in October, visiting my sister in Portland after her new baby was born, and dealing with the holiday stuff, I haven't been good about getting my recipes up on the site, and for that, I'm very sorry.

My new year's resolution will be to foodblog more regularly. In the meantime, here's a few photos of some dishes I've made recently. In the upper right, you'll see our Thanksgiving spread: a NINE pound turkey breast (JUST the breast!) and all the trimmings, even though there were only five of us at dinner.

A couple more photos & quick recaps:

Tropical Chicken Stir-Fry

A quick and kid-friendly dinner made with peapods, carrots, bell peppers, chicken breast and a simple sauce made with pineapple juice concentrate!



Mac 'n' Cheese Florentine

A slightly more healthy version of the perennial favorite, macaroni and cheese. I used Gruyere for the cheese sauce, and added a package of thawed chopped spinach (one of those boxes from the frozen section).

No comments: