Thursday, December 31, 2009

Resolve

In 2010, I resolve to:
  • Go to the gym regularly. Really. I am feeling fat, lazy, and apathetic, and I know the only solution is to actually go to the gym on a regular basis.
  • Knit more projects for myself. This year I made 2 things for myself - the shawl that I wore at my wedding, and a Liesl sweater that either needs some really severe blocking, or to be frogged completely, because it's too small. How many knitted items did I finish in 2009? TWENTY-SIX. That's an average of one every other week. And only two of those were for me. So this year, I will knit myself a Slinky Ribs sweater and a cabled cardigan (maybe Central Park Hoodie, maybe something else).
  • Along the same lines, I will start my Christmas knitting earlier (like, in January) -- I barely got my sister's package to her in time.
  • I will be more thankful for all the blessings in my life. I am truly lucky to have a wonderful husband, two talented and well-behaved children, a steady paycheck, no major health problems, and a comfortable place to live. Plus I can afford little luxuries, like semi-regular pedicures, so I think I'm much better off than most people these days.
  • I will try to be more patient with the kids and less grumpy. I'm really hoping that regular exercise will help with that.
What are your resolutions for the new year & decade?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Nice list--hope you are able to keep 'em all.