Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Snapped!

My nerves are definitely frayed these days. I've got a ton of work to do and I'm sick with a cold. Tomboy has been home with me the past three days because she's got the cold too, and she's coughing every couple of minutes. Cough syrup isn't doing a bit of good.

But that's not really what I wanted to talk about. I wanted to talk about things that have snapped -- like a few of the supports on the bay bridge! The bridge is shut down indefinitely until repairs can be completed. Can you imagine? I'm so glad I don't have to commute into the city. The BART trains must be packed.

And what else has snapped recently? Oh yeah, apparently the Guvernator has snapped. In a recent veto letter to congress is a hidden message: if you read the left-hand letters of the message vertically, it spells out "F*CK YOU." A Freudian slip? Or has he just had enough?

No comments: